Chandeliers may provide the type and style of home lighting that homeowners seek. However, many choices are available from which to choose in terms of style, size, materials, and designs when purchasing a chandelier for lighting home interiors and exteriors. Moreover, some chandeliers have lamp shades to cover the bulbs, while other designs do not include lamp shades. This article briefly discusses five factors regarding lamp shades for chandeliers consumers may wish to consider when purchasing chandeliers that have lamp shades included in their design.
(1) Is the chandelier for indoor or outdoor use? Outdoor chandeliers will need to be designed for outdoor use for safety purposes related to weather. As such, if the chandelier is for outdoor use, the chandelier lamp shades should also be made for outdoor use, given their exposure to the outdoor elements such as mist, rain, snow, fog, wind, etc.
(2) If the chandelier lighting is going to be used outdoors, consumers may want to consider the design of the chandelier lamp shade and consider purchasing a chandelier that uses lamp shades that are designed in such a way that it is more difficult for the lamp to collect insects and outdoor debris.
(3) How many light bulbs does the chandelier have? This factor will determine the number of chandelier lamp shades the chandelier lighting fixture is designed to use.
(4) Does the consumer like the design and color of the lamp shades that are included with the home lighting fixture, or will they purchase different lamp shades that they like better?
(5) Does the consumer want the lamp shade to complement the design of the chandelier? Does the consumer want the lamp shade to complement the living space in which they will be used? Or does the consumer prefer a more eclectic style and feel to the light fixture and room?
Moreover, in some instances, homeowners may wish to replace the lamp shades on their existing chandelier instead of replacing the entire lighting fixture. Replacing the chandelier lamp shades can change the decor and ambiance of the living space in which the chandelier is hung, and in some cases cost less than replacing the entire lighting fixture.
One last thought, given all the choices in chandelier lamp shades, consumers may wish to first search on the Internet to become better informed of the options available when it comes to purchasing lamp shades for chandeliers. Enjoy.
© 2009 Clearhomelighting.com. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.